Bongo Gossip: Wema Sepetu to take Diamond Platnumz to the court



Tanzanian actress Wema Sepetu has vowed to take her countryman Diamond Platnumz to court over unpaid dues after an artiste signed with Diamond’s WCB Records featured her in a music video without her consent.
Singer Raymond used a scene that features Wema in his music video titled Natafuta Kiki – and Wema is not impressed as Diamond has not yet paid her for the appearance.
“Diamond Platnumz asked me to feature in Raymond’s music video. I asked him to pay me TSh10 million. He showed resistance. Seemingly he wanted me to provide free services; asking why I featured in Ommy Dimpoz’s music video without demanding money.

“I told him – in Ommy Dimpoz’s case – he needed my assistance. But with him (Diamond), I made it clear that I wanted to be paid. Later on, I shared details of my agreement with Diamond to a friend known as Martin Kadinda. Kadinda told me that the TSh10 million  that I had asked for was little,” Wema Sepetu told Tanzania’s Global Publishers.
Wema Sepetu revealed despite setting conditions for her image to be used in a music video, she was filmed secretly during the birthday party of Diamond Platnumz’s pal Rommy Jones – and the video was used in a scene of Raymond’s song.
“When I was at Rommy’s birthday party, I did not know that they had ulterior intentions. Raymond was all over me, with photos and videos of us taken severally. Later when Natafuta Kiki video was released, I was shocked to see myself featured in it without my consent,” added Wema Sepetu.
“I am in communication with my lawyers to file a suit against Diamond Platnumz as it is he whom I’d entered into an agreement with,” said Wema.
The outlet reached Diamond Platnumz’s manager Salam Sharraf for comment, who said he does not see any breach of agreement between Diamond Platnumz and Wema Sepetu.

“Wema posted the videos on her Instagram account a day after the birthday party. That gesture alone communicated she did not find anything wrong with the video. Therefore, we saw no harm in featuring her in Raymond’s video,” said Mr Sharraf.


Drop Your Comment Here


Related Posts


Previous
Next Post »